Sunday, August 18, 2013

Clipboard Organization!

It really doesn't take a whole lot to make a school teacher happy.  I was walking through Wal-Mart last week with my daughter and her friend, looking for school items for her to take to college next week, when all of a sudden, I looked down on the bottom rack of the school supplies and stopped dead in my tracks.  There in front of me were the most colorful clipboards I had ever seen!  After a few moments of complete silence, the girls started asking me if I was alright.  Was I alright?  What a question!  Was I alright?  My mind was going a mile a minute!  I was color-coding my classes in those seconds.  I was thinking of all the ways I could incorporate these clipboards into my day.  Was I alright?  I had never been better!  

People who do not teach do not understand that the smallest of things can mean the world to a teacher.  I teach 4 classes of mathematics each day so, the pressure to stay organized is a yearly stress.  For the last couple of years, I have used clip boards for each class.  You know the kind... the standard school, ugly brown board with a huge silver clip at the top.  I wrote the homeroom teacher's name on each one, and have been fairly happy with these clipboards until this year.  

I needed something new, something fresh.  So, my goal this summer while I was out shopping for 3 kids who go to college this fall, (yes, I did say 3), was to look for some cool looking clipboards that I could color-code with my 4 math classes.  

Was I alright?  One of my bucket list items had just been marked off!  There were 4 colors of these beautiful clipboards.  Not only are they colorful, they open up and you can put "stuff" inside of them!  Ah...I thought I must be dreaming. 

Out with the old!


In with the new!



Not only do these beauties hold paper, they open up. I can put pencils, pens, notepads, post-it notes and most importantly, my cell phone, (um, which I would  never actually use at school), :) inside the clipboard and carry the items around with me! 

 I actually want to use the inside to store any make-up work, or other important papers from each class.  (I have chill bumps just thinking about how organized I will be)!


 Here is the sticker that came on the clipboards in case anyone else is interested!  It is called a Slimcase.


Well, now that I have decided to color-code, this is a perfect excuse to buy more things!  Now that my eyes are open to all the possibilities, I may turn into a color-coding maniac!  Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment