Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Milestone :)

I received a message from a friend a few weeks ago, asking me to check Teacher Pay Teachers Top 100 Products.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my product listed there!  I rushed into the family room and proudly announced to my family that I had made TpT's Top 100.  Everyone was pleasantly unenthused.  My daughter looked up from the television and said, "Cool," while my son just smiled and charitably commented, "You go mom." My husband asked why I didn't have the #1 product yet.  (They don't get it.  They just don't get it!)  However, I did not let this dampen my spirit!  I ran back to my computer and looked at the Top 100 again...then again a few minutes later.  I woke the next morning and checked to make sure it was still there.  :)  Seriously...I did. This week my unit, The Road to the White House, is #11 on the Top 100, Grades 3-5, #23 - Middle Grades, and #52 - All Grades.  I don't believe that anyone who has reached #1 could be any more excited.  
It's always nice to know that people appreciate all the hard work and long hours that go into creating these units.  There are so many talented people on TpT.  Therefore, it makes me proud as a teacher to be anywhere on the same ball field with these creative, professional men and women.  It is a small milestone but, it is still a milestone and I am very excited and happy about it.    

2 comments:

  1. Awww Lisa, Congratulations! Your post just made me Laugh OUT Loud!!!!! (Because of your husbands comment - that is so my dad!).

    It is lovely to be appreciated so congratulations again for your fabulous units of work! 3 in the top 100 is AMAZING!!!!!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    P.S. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison. Husbands... I am on my way to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete