Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's the Little Things

With all the things teachers have to put up with on a daily basis, it sure is nice to know that someone cares!  I work with some of the nicest people!  It's the little things that people do for one another that makes the day a little brighter.  Thursday, I walked into a 2nd grade teacher's classroom and since I will be teaching time intervals this year with the new CCPS standards in place, my eyes were immediately drawn to this teacher's, Mrs.P, clock.  It was adorable.  It was made to look like a pink flower, with each 5 minute interval being a flower petal.  I had seen this clock on interest and had even pinned it.  When I commented to Mrs. P that I loved her clock, she didn't skip a beat when she asked me what color I wanted for my flower petals.  By Friday afternoon she had made the clock and had it hot-glued onto my classroom clock.  I love, love, love, it!

My new Flower Clock!

  
The day got even better. Friday afternoon I was walking down the hallway with another teacher, Mrs. A.  I bragged on her necklace and before I knew it she had put it around my neck.  When I went to take it off, she refused to take it back.  I tried several times to give it back to her, but, she said she wanted me to have it and that I would offend her if I gave it back.  Wow!  I work with some very generous, kind-hearted people.  I do know how fortunate I am.  Daily, teachers still have time for each other after giving of themselves all day.  My day was made.  I was in a great mood the rest of the week-end! This generosity made me begin thinking about what I can do for others this week!

The Necklace!


No comments:

Post a Comment