My students use interactive pages each day, one way or another. I would be lost without it! The interactive notebook begins, and guides my lessons on many days.
My county uses NO math textbooks. Therefore, the interactive notebook is a lifesaver! My students have examples...and practice before they head home with homework. The interactive pages are a great resource for parents. (Many parents, as well as many teachers, are confused by the new Common Core Performance Standards). The notebook gives parents "a clue" as to what is going on. Additionally, forget the old saying by students that "the teacher didn't go over what's on my homework." The evidence that the teacher did teach the material is there in the notebook.
Here are a few examples of what is included in the many pages of the NBT Interactive Notebook.
Just click on any picture to see the NBT interactive notebook pages in my shop at TPT.
The interactive pages include pictures of completed pages, examples, hints, vocabulary, and plenty of practice for students.
Here is a general list of what is included in these interactive notebook pages.
• Getting Started
• Math Notebook Covers – 3 types
• MCC4.NBT.1 – Place Value – 8 pages - (This includes 10 times
more / 10 times less, and the value of numbers).
• MCC4.NBT.2 – Ways to represent numbers: standard,
expanded, word, and base-ten model – 10 pages
• MCC4.NBT.2 – Comparing & Ordering Numbers – 6 pages
• MCC4.NBT.3 – Rounding Numbers – 7 pages
• MCC4.NBT.4 – Addition – 6 pages
• MCC4.NBT.4 – Subtraction – 6 pages
• MCC4.NBT.5 – Multiplication – 20 pages – (This includes
arrays, area model, the commutative, associative, and
distributive properties of multiplication, partial products, and the
traditional multiplication algorithm).
• MCC4.NBT.6 – Division – 12 pages – (This includes using base-
ten models, distributive property, partial quotients, and the
traditional division algorithm).
I have began working on my fraction interactive pages. I will let you know as soon as I put them on TPT!
Everyone have a great rest of the week!