Friday, February 8, 2013

The Kit-Kat / M & M Cake

Well, it seems as if my teenage daughter has fallen in love with pinterest too!  A few nights ago, as I was heading out the door, she called out and asked if I would pick her up some cake mix, chocolate frosting, and large bags of Kit-Kats and M & M's while I was at the store.  She loves to bake new things and so I thought it would be fun to see what she made with all those ingredients.  
Later in the evening, she and one of her friends presented my family with one of the most caloric, fattening, and sweet foods I have ever eaten.  Now, I am a huge fan of chocolate...any kind of chocolate...white, milk, or dark.  I really thought I had built up some type of intolerance to the caffeine in chocolate.  Was I ever mistaken.    Although the cake looked more than a little yummy, after only a small piece of it, I began to fill the effects.  I thought I was going to have to be peeled from the ceiling.  Wow!  I was on a chocolate high...@10:00 p.m.  I was afraid that while I was literally doing jump jacks in the kitchen and singing a cappella with my son, I was not going to be able to sleep that night.  (Never fear, when I laid my head on my pillow, I didn't have another thought until the next morning when my alarm went off).  
The cake was beautiful and very tempting.  However, (I can't believe I am saying this), it was just too sweet and full of chocolate.

My Daughter's Cake


I did make one mistake.  I bought an assorted bag of Kit-Kats.  I think the different types of Kit-Kats gave the cake some character and mixed it up a little. :)

The Cake From Pinterest


Throw a ribbon on my daughter's cake and I believe the cakes could pass for twins.  I get dizzy just looking at both of these cakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment